Lamar went to San Diego State University, but withdrew during her second year so that she could care for a family member with cancer. Lamar later earned a real estate license after moving to Fountain Hills in 1999 .
Lamar has been involved in the Fountain Hills Unified School District since her son began pre-K at McDowell Mountain in 2007. Her two children currently attend Fountain Hills High School.
Lamar has volunteered in a number of capacities for FHUSD:
- PTO Board (4 years total, 3 years as President)
- Site councils for MMES, FHMS, and FHHS (10 years total)
- Governing Board special committees
- Interview committees (6 total)
- Athletic Booster Club Board (Media and Communication)
Lamar works as a tour guide and education curriculum specialist at the Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center . Lamar is also an auxiliary member of the American Legion.
Lamar believes in increasing transparency in the Governing Board and administration while increasing collaboration with organizations, families, and the larger community .
No endorsements could be found.