Welcome to The Polling Place. Here we cover elections in New York State and election-related events through a nonpartisan, strictly informative lens. Our goal is to bring local and state-wide elections the attention they deserve. While the media focuses on high-profile national elections, the truth is that the school board, public advocate, comptroller, borough presidents, and city council positions matter just as much, if not more, than presidential elections. While federal policies may be broader, local policies are more direct and impactful to each constituent.
The Polling Place can be found on Instagram, Facebook, and reached by email. If you wish to learn more about the Team behind this, you can find them here, and if you want to get involved you can apply and/or donate here.
Over the coming months, The Polling Place will provide detailed and consolidated information on elections all across New York, so that all New Yorkers can cast their vote confidently.
Although our coverage will grow, our current coverage includes:
- The Gubernatorial elections, where Democrat Kathy Hochul will take over for Governor Andrew Cuomo
- The Mayoral elections in Albany (Democrat Kathy Sheehan is running against Republican Alicia Purdy), Buffalo (Democrat India Walton is running against Buffalo Party candidate Byron Brown), and New York City (Democrat Eric Adams is running against Republican Curtis Sliwa)
- The Borough President elections in Brooklyn (Republican Menachem Raiport is running against Democrat Antonio Reynoso), Staten Island (Democrat Mark Murphy, Republican Vito Fossela, and Conservative Leticia Remauro are running), Queens (Democrat Donovan Richards is running against Republican Tom Zmich), Bronx (Democrat Vanessa Gibson, Conservative Samuel Ravelo, and Republican Janelle King, are running), and Manhattan (Democrat Mark Levine is running against Republican Lou Puliafito)
- The NYC Comptroller election (Conservative Paul Rodriguez, Republican Daby Carreras, and Democrat Brad Lander are running)
- The NYC City Council elections (Democrat Christopher Marte, Republican Jacqueline Toboroff, Democrat Keith Powers, Republican David Casavis, Democrat Julie Menin, and Republican Mark Foley are running)
- The Manhattan District Attorney election (Democrat Alvin Bragg is running against Republican Thomas Kenniff)
Currently, the team is focused on analyzing the aftermath of Cuomo’s resignation and on covering the 2021 General Elections (the elections listed above). In the future, coverage will be expanded to more elections outside of New York City to truly capture all of the elections that will be on any New Yorkers’ ballots. Additionally, smaller but still significant elections like the school board or county sheriff elections are expected to be covered as well. For now, the entire team at the New York Chapter of The Polling Place wishes for both New Yorkers and occasional outside visitors to come with us on our journey.
We hope you enjoy using our website and following along!
Daniel (NY Website Director) and Jason (NY Website Team Member)